Chairman of Turkish Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Sectoral Board
Born in Karaali Village affiliated to Antakya/Hatay in 1949, Mr. Ali Kavak completed his primary education in Karaali Elementary School. In 1970, he was graduated from Düziçi Teacher Training High School, being ranked the most successful student in the High School. After having been teacher for six years, he resigned and went into business.
Now, he is continuing exporting fresh fruits and vegetables. Moreover, he has companies which have been active in different sectors such as printing, international logistics, fuel, packaging and plastics, and constructing etc. since 1990. In these companies, he provides employment for thousands of people.
Along with his business life, he held the following positions;
- Member of Management Board, Mediterranean Exporters' Association for 4 years,
- Chairman of Management Board, Mediterranean Fresh Fruits Vegetables Exporters' Association for 27 years,
- Member of Management Board, Turkish Exporters' Assembly for 8 years,
- Chairman of Committee on Agriculture, Turkish Exporters' Assembly
- Chairman of Turkish Fresh Fruits Vegetables Sectoral Board,
- Chairman of Citrus Promotion Group,
- Chairman of Antakya Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Member of Council, The Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey
Mr. Kavak currently assumes the position of Chairman of Turkish Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Sectoral Board and Member of Sectors' Council at Turkish Exporters' Assembly. Being married, Mr. Kavak has four children.